Wednesday 5 October 2011

Cakes, cakes and more cakes

I have a new addiction!
Some time ago I posted about my addiction to home renovation shows and house magazines and could tell you all about what was happening on "The Block", well I have now discovered another TV series and, you guessed it, I'm hooked.

I discovered "Cake Boss" over the long weekend while I was channel surfing, looking for something decent to watch. For those of you aren't familiar with this new phenomenon, Cake Boss is a reality TV show featuring celebrity baker Buddy Valastro and his family bakery in New Jersey. The cakes that come out of this bakery are AMAZING, from life size cars, hockey tables and even the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Buddy is a genius!!!! And so now all I can think about is eating cake, making cake and watching "Cake Boss".

If you'd like to see what all the fuss is about, Cake Boss season 1 is now available for loan at the library (you might have to fight me for it!) as well as a huge range of fabulous cake making and decorating books that can help you create your own masterpieces.
Cake Boss is also online, check out http://www.carlosbakery.com/

Buon Appetito!!!
Rina

No comments: