Tuesday 5 June 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy . . . you decide???

There has been lots of talk of late of the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy. From Internet chat rooms, to the school canteen, even on the sideline of the kids' soccer game, everywhere I turn people are talking about it. In fact, there has been so much talk that it has even sold out in Griffith stores!
I was looking for a review on the books just recently when I came across a library in the US who had banned all three books, yet another library in the US had over 100 patrons on its waiting list!
What is it with these books??? I had to know for myself!
I had just received a Kindle for Mothers Day, so I decided my first puchase would be the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy.
And let me tell you, I couldn't put it down! YET to try and describe the plot to my fellow co workers was hard. In some parts it was like a very descriptive Mills & Boon with alot of "Days of our Lives" drama involved, other parts I skimmed through because I felt like I had read it all before.  But in saying that, it consumed me day and night for a whole week, until I could finish it.
The main character, Christian Grey, I think might be every woman's secret fantasy. His attitude can be "cavemanish" (is that a word?) at times (in fact at all times) but underneath all the drama (and freakish amount of sex) is the heart of a man who wants to worship and protect the woman he loves. And really, what woman doesn't want that!
But don't let me decide for you, you must read for yourself. And I'd like to know what your opinion is???

The Griffith City Library has all three books (we don't censure here) call us on 69 622515 if you'd like to add your name to the reservation list. Or check out our catalogue online http://www.wrl.nsw.gov.au/

For more information on the trilogy and its author (E.L. James) go to http://www.eljamesauthor.com/

No comments: