Monday 4 February 2013

Beautiful Creatures

Back from a long break on the blog writing scene, I find myself being heavily encouraged (forced) to write a new post... apparently we have all been mega slack and needed a swift kick up the you know what.
So today I come to you with a post about what I am currently reading.
Beautiful redemption by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. This is book four of the Beautiful Creatures series.
I came across it in a review and of course ordered all four books in the series when I read that it was being made into a film that is released this year (Feb 14 I think, but don't quote me!).
So how to describe it.... its a cross between Harry Potter and Twilight is the best I can do.
Not exceptionally written, but maybe that's because I have almost finished all 4 books in less than three weeks. It follows the story of Lena (a Light and Dark Castor) and Ethan (a Wayward), not sure what the heck those terms mean... read the books!
As you can tell its a bit Twilight in the star crossed-lover, our powers won't let us be together, ba-hum-bug drama, and a bit HP because of the magic.
I think if you read them further apart they would be great. Book 1 gets 3.5 spuds out of 5 (for all you Couch Potato viewers of the 90's). Book 2 = 3 spuds, Book 3 = 3.5 spuds and drum roll Book 4 = 4 spuds (although I'm only just halfway through it so its probably cheating to give it a score now.).
Anyway that's all my spuds over and out,
AM



PS. I think the movie looks terrible from the cover of the first book, I think the actors look all wrong... sorry guys :(

No comments: