Wednesday 27 February 2013

The Light Behind The Window - Lucinda Riley




Here is a book about two women whose lives could not be more different, one, an english rose thrust into the belly of WWII, the other a rather irritatingly naive heiress. Never the less, it was quite difficult to put this one down. I could not help but fall in love with the characters. Riley's depiction of the landscape and her talented story telling of espionage, deceit of course romance, wrap you up like a warm blanket.

So why is it that after reading a novel that just captures my imagination, is it so difficult to go on to another book. After reading Lucinda Riley's the Light Behind the Window, I have been left with my bedside table full of books that just "don't do it for me". Hubby tells me to just take them back to the library, but I feel that I should at least give them a chance! Rose

No comments: